“A meow massages the heart.”
– Stuart McMillan, Scottish Parliament member
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
Can you hear it? The repeating sound of a soft meow asking for attention, asking for food, asking for that special petting session.
Where is all that meowing coming from? Certainly not from this 2-year-old long-haired beauty that’s giving tentative head nudges, making sure no one leaves without at least paying a huge amount of attention to her? But of course it is.
It’s shy little Echo and her name fits her very well. Gray with big green eyes that invite you to love her, Echo is not afraid to hold the most interesting of conversations. She may even repeat herself a few times only because she wants to make sure you heard her the first time.
Found as a stray, Echo would do well in a home where she is the only feline, all the better to keep her focus on you. If settling down for long cuddle sessions with a good heart-to-heart thrown in sounds like a great way to unwind from a long day, then Echo is more than up for the job!
Nacho found his forever home last week. Congratulations, Nacho. You finally found a new playground!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee for dogs is $200 and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300 and it is $150 to adopt two cats.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please go to www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Angie, You’re Beautiful!
- POW and Ciao! My Name Is Guido!
- POW! Playful. Loving. High-energy. Athletic. Happy. Gentle … Maple
- POW! Tri-Color Winnie Is One Beautiful Beagle
- POW! Sill Time to Adopt the Force-Sensitive Princess of Alderaan
- POW! Hi, I’m Harley! I Like You! Do You Like Me? Let’s Have Fun!
- POW! Storm Has Returned! (And She Can Be Yours!)
- POW! Don’t Wait For ‘Tomorrow’! Annie Is Ready For Adoption!
- POW! Emmy Is a Sweetheart Who Loves People, Other Dogs
- POW! Here’s Your Chance to Adopt Zoe, the Beautiful Calico
- POW! It’s Time For Beautiful Trixie to Get Her Forever Home!
- POW! The Adventures of Izzy, Small Bundle of Canine Cuteness!
- POW! Take Home This Tasty Little Nacho!
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.