Nail-Biting Time: Will U of I, Northwestern Golf Teams Make It to NCAA Finals at Rich Harvest Farms?
Nail-biting time starts today (Monday, May 8, 2017) for University of Illinois and Northwestern fans rooting for their teams to make it to the 2017 Men’s and Women’s Golf Championship finals at Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove, IL.
The Illini and Wildcats will each send men’s and women’s teams to regional competition during the next two weeks.
For the women, a total of 384 participants have been selected for regional competition, Just 132 will advance to the championships finals here in Kane County. Six teams and three individuals will advance from each of four regional tournaments conducted May 8-10f .
For the men, six 54-hole regional tournaments will be conducted May 15-17. The best five or six teams (depending on which regional they compete in) and the best individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the finals.
Trent Wallace of Illinois State University is the 10th seeded individual in the Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex, Kampen Course Regional in West Lafayette, IN, hosted by Purdue University.
The national championships will be May 19-24 at Rich Harvest Farms, in Sugar Grove, Illinois, hosted by Northern Illinois University. Click here to get one of the hottest tickets in Kane County sports history.
The final three days of the championship will be televised live by the Golf Channel.
Below are graphics and seedings that involve the Illinois teams that made the regionals, courtesy of the NCAA.
NCAA Division I Men’s Team Regional Seeds
NCAA Division I Men’s Individual Regional Seeds
NCAA Division I Women’s Team Regional Seeds
- 5 Reasons to See the 2017 NCAA Division I Golf Championships at Rich Harvest Farms
- Spectacular Kids Days Added to 2017 NCAA Golf Tournament in Sugar Grove
- Tickets Now On Sale For 2017 NCAA Golf Championships at Rich Harvest Farms
- Sign Up Now to Volunteer at NCAA Golf Championships at Rich Harvest Farms
- Sugar Grove Excited to Host 2017 NCAA Golf Championships
- Kane County Golf Course Chosen to Host NCAA Division 1 Finals
- WATCH: NIU Trick-Shots Video — Recorded Here and Wowing on Golf Channel