Toxicology Reports Show Teens Died From Carbon Monoxide

Toxicology Reports Show Teens Died From Carbon Monoxide

The Kane County Coroner’s Office said today (Tuesday, April 11, 2017) that the two teenagers who were found deceased in a St. Charles parking lot died from the intake of carbon monoxide.

Cody Dietrich (CREDIT:

Police had found two young people — Kody Dietrich, 18, of St. Charles and Adalina Donoso, 18, of Racine, WI — deceased on March 16 in a car parked in a parking lot on the west side of the 0-99 block of N. 17th St.

Toxicology samples were collected and sent to a forensic lab, and an autopsy was performed at the Kane County Morgue, according to an earlier Coroner’s Office news release. There were no signs of trauma or obvious foul play, the Coroner’s Office said.

According to today’s news release, the toxicology results showed Dietrich and Donoso each had elevated Carboxyhemoglobin levels. No other substances were found in the results.

“The cause of death for these two individuals has been determined to be Carbon Monoxide intoxication,” the news release said.

According to his obituary on the Preston-Hanley Funeral Home website, Dietrich was senior at St. Charles East High School and loved playing football, while attending school in Indiana. He worked as a service tech at Jiffy Lube in St. Charles, where he developed a love for working on vehicles. To express condolence online, visit

SOURCE: Kane County Coroner’s Office news release