“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
– Mark Twain
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Photographs by Lorena Page.
Hi! My name is Harley. What’s your name? I’m a 2-year-old black Lab/Rottweiler-mix. I like you. Do you like me? Would you like a kiss? Did you see the squirrel?
I was picked up by Kane County Animal Control running with another dog. My buddy’s owner came and got him, but nobody came for me.
Can you tell I have a lot of energy? The staff at KCAC tell me I don’t know my own strength, so it might be good if you have owned larger dogs before.
I like other dogs. I like to play. Would you like to play with me? Do you have a large field or yard for me to play in? That would be the best! If you already have a dog, that would be the best of the best! We can run like the wind through the yard. I’ll try not to bowl them over. Hey … squirrel!
I like to snuggle and I’ll put my head on your lap. We can watch TV together when we’re really, really tired.
Can you take me to training? I’ll need a lot of training.
I like you so much already. Let’s go! Life awaits!
The Force was definitely with Princess Leia, the gray-and-white kitten, last week when her forever family adopted her into their fold. Your empire is complete and safe now Leia! Live strong!
Congratulations to Noodle, a 4-month-old schnauzer puppy, who found her forever home with a built-in brother. Another adventure awaits, Noodle
- POW! ‘Johnny’ the Cuddly Stray Cat Rescued By Good Samaritan
- POW! Tail-Wagging, Mild-Mannered Kris Loves Attention
- POW! Looking For a Sweet Girl With a Winning Smile? Say Hello to Nollie
- POW! Won’t You Adopt Our Little Orphan Annie?
- POW! Angie, You’re Beautiful!
- POW and Ciao! My Name Is Guido!
- POW! Playful. Loving. High-energy. Athletic. Happy. Gentle … Maple
- POW! Tri-Color Winnie Is One Beautiful Beagle
- POW! Zoe Is Full of Life and Sweetness!
- POW! Sill Time to Adopt the Force-Sensitive Princess of Alderaan
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.