“If you haven’t had a chance to get to one of the Student Artist Galleries, (take a look at) some images of the artwork and the Opening Receptions from the last few years. Amazing artwork — and the receptions are always a ton of fun. The kids are so excited to see their work in a professional gallery setting.”
— St. Charles Arts Council
The Fifth Annual Student/Emerging Artist Pop Up Art Gallery will run from Saturday, March 11, through Saturday, March 25. The Artist Reception will be March 11.
While it’s a good idea to save the date for this event, the important and urgent notice is that all submissions are due to the St. Charles Arts Council by midnight Thursday, Feb. 16.
Visual/Video Student/Emerging Artists must submit their work electronically to ArtistLiaison@
- An image of each piece of work submitted, the title, and the medium. Or, in the case of video, an electronic location where the work can be viewed. (Artists may submit up to five pieces of their work.)
- All submitted work MUST include the artist’s name, email address (artist or family), phone number, and school attended. Students may attend any school, including out of state schools.
“We encourage students to submit work that can be sold,” the SCAC says. “One hundred percent of the selling price of the work goes to the artist.”
The galleries are actively promoted in social and print media, and the artwork is insured.
- IMAGES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY midnight Thursday, Feb. 16
- Artists will be notified with further information about the gallery by Monday, Feb. 21.
- Receipt of work – Sunday March 5 (1 p.m. to 3 p.m.) and Monday March 6 (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.). Work should be delivered to 7 South 2nd Ave., St. Charles.
- Gallery will be open: Saturday, March 11 through Saturday, March 25
- Artist Reception: Saturday, March 11 (6:30 to 9 p.m.)
The gallery will be staffed by volunteers. Anyone interested in volunteering to “sit” the gallery should contact the SCAC at 630-443-3794 or email Volunteer@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org.
All artwork must be ready to hang/install. Sculpture pedestals/stands must be provided by the artist. Delivery and pick-up of the artwork will be the artist’s responsibility. Information about preparing 2D hanging work will be supplied by the SCAC.
SOURCE: SCAC news release, website