DEC. 8 UPDATE
The Kane County Division of Transportation announced today (Thursday, Dec. 8, 2016) that the Burlington Road and IL Route 47 Intersection Improvement Roundabout project has been completed.
“The county appreciates your cooperation and patience during construction of this new intersection and the road closure of Burlington Road as this intersection,” a county news release said.
The roundabout is part of the county’s comprehensive road improvement program which has the goal of providing a safe and efficient transportation system for the motoring public.
Questions and concerns may be directed to Ken Mielke (630) 406-7172. Visit this web page for all Kane County traffic advisories.
DEC. 1 POST
Burlington Road will continue to be closed to traffic between Dittman Road and Plato Road due to a delay in roadway lighting installation.
The intersection improvement includes construction of a new roundabout. For additional information on this project and roundabouts, please visit this page of the Kane County Division of Transportation website.
Construction work hours will be from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday until mid-December 2016
The roadway improvements will include:
- Reconstruction of the intersection to accommodate a roundabout.
- Ditch and embankment grading.
- New roadway lighting.
A posted detour route will direct traffic around the closure using Silver Glen Road, Burlington Road, Dittman Road and Plato Road. (See the map below.)
Local traffic only will be permitted within the road closure. Motorists should be advised to follow the posted detour route around the project and to expect increase travel times.
Questions and concerns may be directed to Ken Mielke at 630-406-7172. Click this link for all Kane County traffic advisories.
SOURCE: Kane County Division of Transportation news release
Kane County Connects Articles
- November Update: Many 2016 KDOT Transportation Projects at or Near Completion
- KDOT October Update: Progress on Longmeadow Parkway, Kane’s First Roundabout, Pavement Preservation and More
- UPDATE: Roundabout Construction Starts April 11 at Burlington Road and Route 47
- Roundabouts – An Informational Guide
- How to Drive a Roundabout
- Roundabout Selection and Design Guide
- Slideshow (No Video)
- Frequently Asked Questions