Happy new year! And congratulations to the 28 Aurora businesses that passed muster in a recent pre-holiday test for alcohol-sales compliance.
Investigators from the Aurora Police Department’s Special Operations Group were busy the evening of Dec. 28 as they staged the checks at 29 businesses citywide to assure they were abiding by laws governing the sale of alcohol.
Clerks at all but one of the businesses “carded” an underage person working with the Aurora police and did not sell the alcohol.
Those businesses passing the compliance check included:
- Sunshine Pantry in the 2900 block of Ogden Avenue
- Liquor Lane in the 2100 block of Ogden Avenue
- Northgate Liquors in the 800 block of N. Lake Street
- Randall Liquors in the 700 block of N. Lake and 300 block of E. Galena Boulevard
- Foremost Liquors in the 100 block of W. Galena Boulevard
- Foremost Liquors the 100 block of S. Broadway Avenue
- Extra Value Wine & Liquor in the 2300 block of S. Eola Road
- Walgreens in the 1200 block of N. Lake Street
- Walgreensthe first block of N. Union Street
- The Web in the 100 block of W. Downer Place
- Save-A-Lot in the 200 block of N. Lake Street
- Jalisco’s in the 100 block of N. Lake Street
- Pepe’s in the 700 block of N. Lake Street
- Cermak’s in the 1200 block of N. Lake Street
- La Quinta de Los Reyes in the first block of E. New York Street
- El Guero in the first block of N. Root Street
- El Paso Grande in the 600 block of E. New York Street
- Walmart in the 2900 block of Kirk Road
- Torresmania Restaurant in the first block of S. Lincoln Avenue
- La Villita Liquors II in the 1400 block of E. New York Street
- One Stop Citgo in the 500 block of Hill Avenue
- Jewel Osco in the 1100 block of N. Eola Road
- Meijer in the 800 block of N. Route 59
- CVS in the 2200 block of S. Eola Road
- Hooters in the 4000 block of Fox Valley Center Drive
- Tilted Kilt in the 1300 block of Fox Valley Center
- Armanetti Beverage Mart in the 2600 block of E. New York Street
The only business not in compliance was Walgreens in the 300 block of N. Eola Road. A clerk at that location was served a notice to appear in court for selling alcohol to an underage person.
SOURCE: Aurora Police Department news release