“Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well.”
— Bonnie Wilcox
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
Mac looks like a dog in an animated Disney movie, perhaps a bit out of shape, but definitely with a face that almost appears as though he might start talking any minute. Found running with another dog in South Elgin, it seems realistic to believe that Mac might have been the one that encouraged the other to start on the adventure in the first place.
Mac is a Miniature Pinscher, approximately 7 years old. Min-pins are known for their over-abundance of energy, as well as for their escape artistry, so a fenced-in yard would be a definite plus for any potential adoptive family.
Running outside is Mac’s favorite pastime, as well as spending any time at all with his human companions. Although he and his former running mate are the best of friends, he doesn’t mind being separated from him so he can concentrate on spending time with people. As an added plus, Mac does fine with other dogs and would probably enjoy running and playing with his new family’s companion.
If you’re looking for a sweet, energetic dog to help you work off some of those holiday pounds, then Mac might be the right friend for you!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm. The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and you can adopt two cats for $150!
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please go to www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Say G’Day to a Budgie Named Big Jimmy
- POW! Adorable, Adoptable Doris Would Be a Great Addition to Any Home
- POW! This Cool Cat Will Actually Give You a Hug Around the Neck
- Adorable, Adoptable Aby Attains an ‘A’ For Awesomeness
- POW! This Playful Cinder-ella Kitten Is a True Masterpiece
- POW! Huckleberry Is One Handsome Hound
- POW! Little Guinea Pigs Can Take Up the Most Room in Your Heart
- POW! You Should Be So Lucky! This Calico Loves to Lounge
- POW! Spunky, Adorable Madeline Is Worthy of Olympic Go
- POW! Sweet Twin Puppies Daisy and Minnie Would Make Perfect Matched Set
- POW! Let’s Face It, Everybody Loves Waffles!
- POW! Home Is Where the Heart Is, And Where Angie Can Be, Too
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.