Kane County’s first modern roundabout will have to wait another month for some of its bells and whistles.
Kane County Transportation Department officials said in a Thursday (Oct. 27, 2016) news release that Burlington Road will continue to be closed to traffic between Dittman Road and Plato Road through Nov. 30, due to a delay in roadway lighting materials. The intersection improvement includes construction of the new roundabout at Burlington Road and IL Route 47.
Construction work hours will be from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday through the end of November.
The roadway improvements will include:
- Reconstruction of the intersection to accommodate a roundabout.
- Ditch and embankment grading.
- New roadway lighting.
A posted detour route will direct traffic around the closure using Silver Glen Road, Burlington Road, Dittman Road and Plato Road. Local traffic only will be permitted within the road closure. Motorists should be advised to follow the posted detour route around the project and to expect increase travel times.
Questions and concerns may be directed to Ken Mielke at 630-406-7172. For all Kane County traffic advisories, see this page of the KDOT website.
SOURCE: KDOT news release
KANE COUNTY CONNECTS
- KDOT October Update: Progress on Longmeadow Parkway, Kane’s First Roundabout, Pavement Preservation and More
- UPDATE: Roundabout Construction Starts April 11 at Burlington Road and Route 47
- KDOT’s First Roundabout Will Be Built in Campton Hills
- Look Ahead (2nd UPDATE): Route 25 Widening, Longmeadow Parkway, Roundabout Projects on KDOT’s 2016 To-Do List