Kane County Clerk Jack Cunningham’s multifaceted Voter Outreach Program appears to be hitting on all cylinders, with the number of early voters at more than 3,700 as of Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016.
With 19 days left until the Nov. 8 presidential election, Kane County is on pace for a record number of participants.
In a Thursday report to the Kane County Public Service Committee, Cunningham said 3,479 residents had taken advantage of early voting as of Tuesday, and another 300 voted on Wednesday.
The Kane County Clerk’s Office is making an unprecedented effort this year to reach out and encourage residents to vote early, as well as to register to vote.
“The clerk is pleased with the response to the VOP and thanks voters who have voted early in order to reduce lines on Election Day,” the County Clerk’s Office said in a news release.
The outreach effort includes voter outreach messages through movie-theater trailers, social media and electronic signs throughout the county.
Cunningham thanked the businesses that have taken part in the Voter Outreach Program, including:
Merlin 200,000 Miles Shops (in St. Charles, Aurora and Glendale Heights)
- DuKane Corporation (St. Charles)
- Village of South Elgin Parks & Recreation Department
- Arcada Theatre (St. Charles)
- Elgin American Legion Post 57
- Maple Park American Legion Post 312
- Marmion Academy (Aurora)
- Walgreens (Randall Road in South Elgin; Indian Trail in Aurora)
- Colonial Cafe & Ice Cream (Randall Road, Dean Street, in St. Charles)
- Randall 15 IMAX Theater (Batavia)
- Tinseltown USA (North Aurora)
- Kendall 11 GDX Theater (Oswego)
- Toyota of St. Charles
- Kishwaukee College
- Dundee Township
- East Dundee Fire Department
- Fox Valley Ice Arena (Geneva)
- Elburn & Countryside Fire Protection District
- Annah Mitchell of Gobble Dogs
Early Voting Links
Here are some links to the Aurora Election Commission site:
Here are some links to the Kane County Clerk’s website:
- Clerk’s Office Elections Homepage
- Click Here For a PDF of Kane County Early Voting Sites, Dates and Time.
- Click This Link to Learn More and See If You Are Qualified to Vote by Mail.
- Click Here To Download a Vote by Mail Application.
SOURCE: Kane County Clerk’s Office and Aurora Election Commission websites
- County Clerk Strongly Recommends Voting Early in November Election
- Clerk’s Office Begins Promotional Campaign for Early Voting in November Election