Elgin police and fire departments reported that a 45-year-old man was killed Sunday (July 17, 2016) after his motorcycle stuck a curb, then a utility pole in the area of Center Street and Dexter Avenue.
It was the fourth fatal motorcycle crash reported by Kane County police departments since July 2.
According to a Elgin Police Department news release, police and fire personnel responded at around 5:52 p.m. Sunday to the area of Center Street and Dexter Avenue for a report of a single vehicle crash involving a motorcycle.
As of Monday, the deceased man’s identity is being withheld pending notification to relatives.
The area of Center Street and Dexter Avenue remained closed for approximately three hours, and the Elgin Police Department Traffic Unit continues to investigate the crash. Anyone with information pertinent to the crash is encouraged to call 847-289-2661, or text 847411 and including ELGINPD in the beginning of the text, along with the message and/or tip information.
The three fatal motorcycle crashes reported by Kane County police departments in include two in Elgin and one in Aurora.
- Juan J. Ortega of the 1700 block of Ivy Lane, Montgomery died from massive head injuries he sustained in the crash at around 2:40 p.m. July 10 at Farnsworth Avenue and Corporate Boulevard.
- Jordan Hale, 25, of St. Charles was killed July 8 when his motorcycle crashed into a flatbed truck on IL Route 25 in Elgin.
- Susan Desensi, 54, of Bartlett was killed a little before 11:44 a.m. Saturday, July 2, in a crash on IL Route 20 near the intersection of Highland Woods Boulevard. Desensi had been a passenger on a 2006 Harley-Davidson motorcycle driven by a 56-year-old man who swerved to avoid a 2006 Honda Accord.
SOURCE: City of Elgin Police Department
- UPDATE: Police Report Area’s 3rd Fatal Motorcycle Crash Since July 2
- 25-Year-Old St. Charles Man Dies in Elgin’s 2nd Fatal Motorcycle Crash in 6 Days
- Motorcycle Safety Reminders in Wake of 3 July Fatalities