The city of Elgin has released two road-construction alerts for the week of Monday, July 11, through Sunday, July 17, 2016, including a full, one-day closure of Summit Street.
Below is the recap, courtesy of the city of Elgin.
Summit Street Closed Tuesday, July 12
Summit Street from Dundee Avenue to Spring Street will be closed for construction work on Tuesday, July 12, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Drivers are advised to follow the posted detour route on Seneca St.
Various Streets Closed for Resurfacing
Concrete, curb and sidewalk work will occur this week on the following streets in preparation for planned resurfacing work:
- Waverly Drive and Springhill Court, from Summit Street to Martin Avenue
- Chestnut Court
- Campus Drive (no street parking during business hours)
- Lyle Avenue, north of Highland Avenue
- Valley Creek Drive from Lyle Avenue to Royal Boulevard
- Channing Street, from Chicago Street to Laurel Street
- Fletcher Drive
Drivers Should Go Around Eagle Heights
Delays are expected on Royal Boulevard from Ruth Drive to McLean Boulevard this week. Flaggers will be used to control traffic flow during construction hours in areas along Royal Bouulevard on Monday and Tuesday.
Between the expected construction delays in Eagle Heights and the resurfacing prep work occurring on Valley Creek Drive and Lyle Avenue, drivers are encouraged to plan for delays or find alternate routes this week.
About City of Elgin Road Work
The city of Elgin uses multiple media to keep residents informed during construction season.
- General Overview: A comprehensive list of projects is listed on cityofelgin.org/construction. Maps, bid documents, status updates and letters to impacted residents will be posted as they become available for each project.
- Weekly Updates: Email updates provide a snapshot of active construction projects, including anticipated displays. The email updates will also be promoted through the city Facebook page and Twitter account.
- Daily Updates : Follow daily construction updates on Twitter @ElginRoadAlerts. Download the Elgin 311 mobile app for iPhone or Android to view @ElginRoadAlerts and receive real-time alerts for major traffic delays.
- Immediate questions? Call, email or send a mobile app request to Elgin 311. Our knowledgeable 311 Citizen Advocates can answer your questions in English or Spanish.
SOURCE: city of Elgin news release