Property owners in Campton Township have until Aug. 15, 2016, to file a complaint about their property-tax assessments.
After all revisions and corrections by the township assessor were applied, each non-farm property in Campton Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0284. Click here to learn more about equalization factors.
- Assessment complaints for property in this township must be filed by Aug. 15, 2016; by state law, no assessment complaints for property in this township can be accepted after this date. Click here to learn more about assessment complaints.
- To obtain assessment information about a property in this or any other Kane County township, please call your local township assessor’s office or visit your township assessor’s website. Click here to see the Township Assessor Directory.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
By state law, the last day that an assessment complaint may be filed is the close of business on the 30th day after publication in a local newspaper. The only exception is if the Kane County Assessment Office is not open on the 30th day; in that instance, the deadline is automatically extended to the close of business on the next day the office is open.
- Assessment changes in Campton Township are being published July 14, 2016; the final filing deadline for this township is Aug. 15, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Plato Township were published on July 13, 2016; the final filing deadline for this township is Aug. 12, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Dundee and Rutland townships were published on July 7, 2016; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 8, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Big Rock and Virgil townships were published on June 16; the final filing deadline for these townships is July 18, 2016.
- The final filing deadlines for Batavia, Burlington, and Hampshire townships for the 2016 year have already passed; no further assessment complaints can be accepted for these townships.
- Assessment changes for Aurora, Blackberry, Elgin, Geneva, Kaneville, St. Charles, and Sugar Grove townships have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these townships.
How to File a Complaint
- NEW — Electronic Evidence Filing
- NEW — Filing an Assessment Complaint Webinar (downloadable .pdf versions available)
- Rules and Procedures for Filing and Assessment Complaint
- Residential/Farm Complaint Form
- Commerical/Industrial Complaint Form
- Condominium Association Assessment Complaint Form
- Multi-Parcel Addendum
SOURCE: This is a reprint of information provided in the Kane Assessments Newsletter. To subscribe, click on this link.