There’s all kinds of Easter-related activities going on this weekend in Kane County, perfect for kids and their families.
Here are just a few.
Batavia — Downtown Egg Hop
- Description: It’s more than a hunt, it’s a hop! Come to the Egg Hop and hop around our downtown businesses to find eggs for prizes. Tons of family fun that includes free entertainment, games and activities.
- When: 9:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, March 26
- Where: Peg Bond Center, Island Avenue and Houston Street
- Cost: Free!
- Contact: Batavia MainStreet, (630) 761-3528
- Link: downtownbatavia.com
Dundee Township — Photos with the Easter Bunny
- Description: The Easter Bunny will be stopping by the Randall Oaks Zoo on March 26. Hop on over and have your photo taken with him for only $3. All proceeds benefit the animals.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 26
- Where: Randall Oaks Zoo, 1180 N. Randall Road, West Dundee
- Cost: Photos cost $3.
- Contact: Dundee Township Park District, 847-428-7131
- Link: www.dtpd.org/
Elgin Public Museum — Natural Egg Dyeing
- Description: Come to Lords Park for a GREAT Easter experience: Natural Egg Dyeing! This technique comes from Native American and pioneer days when chemical dyes and food coloring were not available. Use modern techniques such as crayons and rubber bands to create beautiful designs! Explore the museum while the eggs are dyeing. Recipes of the dyes are provided so you can try natural egg dyeing at home. Supplies are limited, so come early!
- When: noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 26
- Where: Elgin Public Museum, 225 Grand Boulevard, Elgin
- Cost: $2 for two eggs.
- Contact: Elgin Public Museum
- Link: www.elginpublicmuseum.org
Fox Valley Park District — Hippity Hopp Egg Hunt
- Description: Hop on over for a classic egg hunt! Don’t forget your basket and camera to take pictures with the Easter Bunny! Program will be moved inside for inclement weather. Adults must accompany children. For kids age 1 to 9.
- When: 10 a.m. Saturday, March 26
- Where: Vaughan Athletic Center, 2121 W. Indian Trail
- Cost: $6 for residents, $9 for non-residents
- Contact: Jordan Real, email@example.com, 630-907-9600
- Link: www.foxvalleyparkdistrict.org/event/hippity-hop-egg-hunt/
Hampshire — St. Peter’s Easter Egg Hunt
- Description: Come and have your child’s photo taken with the Easter Bunny and visit with your friends and neighbors.
- When: 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 26
- Where: St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 43W301 Plank Road, a quarter-mile east of Route 47 in Hampshire
- Cost: Free
- Contact: St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 847-464-572
- Link: www.stpetersnorthplato.org/
South Elgin — Spring Holiday Egg Hunt
- Description: The bunny arrives at 10:30 a.m. for photos and departs at 11:50 a.m. just before the hunt. Parents, please bring your own camera for those Kodak moments. There will be areas set up for specific age groups making the event fun for all. Support the South Elgin Food Pantry by bringing canned food to this event.
- When: noon Saturday, March 26
- Where: Kenyon Woods Pasture, Raymond Street, park at South Elgin High School
- Cost: Free
- Contact: village of South Elgin
- Link: www.southelgin.com