Campton Hills and Ronald McDonald have a cure for the winter blahs for you and your family: Winter Wonders in Campton Hills.
The event takes place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 20, at the Campton Township Community Center, 5N082 Old LaFox Road, Campton Hills.
The Winter Wonders event includes indoor and outdoor activities for all ages, including:
- Ann Brach-Johnson, noted Campton Hills author, will participate with readings from her children’s book, “Angie of Garfield Farm.”
- Flint knapping will be exhibited by local artist William Alar.
- Artist Val Peroni will paint scenes on windows.
- Jack Shouba, local naturalist, will lead nature walks.
- Outdoor activities will be available for children and adults, such as Snowman Target Throw, Nature Scavenger Hunt and S’more’s.
- Ronald McDonald will make a special visit from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. This is a great time to have your photo taken with Ronald and watch his magic show.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
All proceeds will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities. If you’d like to donate, please visit https://donate.rmhc.org.
This event is hosted by the Village of Campton Hills Community Relations Committee.