The Kane County Cougars have announced a preliminary list of bands for the organization’s 2016 Ballpark Concert Series as part of the Cougars’ promotional schedule.
For a total of eight Saturday 6:30 p.m. games this summer beginning on June 11, fans will enjoy live music taking place before the game from 4:45-6 p.m. A game ticket for concert series dates includes admission to that day’s pre-game concert, each of which will take place at the Cougars’ new permanent music pavilion at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark.
- Too White Crew (June 11) is a tribute to 80’s and 90’s hip hop with live music from a six-piece band. Mr. Myers Band (June 18), one of the most popular Jimmy Buffett cover bands in Chicagoland, will perform their mix of Buffett/Beach music as part of the Cougars’ annual Jimmy Buffett Night.
- Big Band Boom! (July 2) is an 18-piece modern jazz ensemble that will perform live big band music during the Cougars’ Military Appreciation Night.
- Trippin’ Billies (July 16) is a Chicago-based Dave Matthews Band tribute that has toured the United States for the past 20 years.
- Suburban Cowboys (July 30) is a highly sought-after country cover band that has headlined numerous popular country bars and festivals. The band will perform as part of the Cougars’ Country and Western Music Night.
- American English (Aug. 13) is a Beatles tribute band that covers the entire career of the Beatles with precise attention given to every musical detail, including the use of vintage outfits and instruments to provide the full experience.
- Hi Infidelity (Aug. 27) is a Chicago area cover band playing music of all types, mainly from the 80’s rock period. Mike and Joe (September 3) is a modern rock cover band that covers rock-pop songs from the 90’s and beyond.
Additional theme nights and promotional acts for the 2016 season will be announced on kccougars.com and the Cougars’ social media channels as they are confirmed. Dates and promotions are subject to change.
SOURCE: Kane County Cougars news releases
2016 Ticket Sales
This is the third of four 2016 Cougars pre-season announcements the Cougars prior to the first day that single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, Feb. 25. Fans can order tickets in person that morning from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, by phone at (630) 232-8811, or online beginning at 10 a.m. at kccougars.com. Group outings, season tickets and ticket packages starting at five games, including a “Pick Your Own” plan, are currently on sale and can be ordered by calling (630) 232-8811. Opening Night is set for Thursday, April 7 at 6:30 p.m. against Clinton.
About the Kane County Cougars
The Kane County Cougars, Class-A Major League affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks, have been at the forefront of family-friendly entertainment since 1991. In 2013, the franchise became the first Class-A team in Minor League Baseball history to welcome 10 million fans. More than 130 former Cougars have reached the Major Leagues including Miguel Cabrera, Adrian Gonzalez and Kyle Schwarber. Opening Night at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark will take place on Thursday evening, April 7, 2016 against Clinton. Fans can visit kccougars.com to learn more or follow the Cougars on Twitter (@KCCougars), Facebook (facebook.com/kanecountycougars) or Instagram (kccougars).