Ten businesses passed but two failed the Kane County Sheriff’s Office alcohol compliance check on Jan. 13, 2016.
Undercover agents under the drinking age entered 12 businesses and attempted to purchase liquor on that date.
“Unfortunately, two businesses did sell alcohol to the undercover agents,” Director of Administration Patrick Gengler said in a Friday (Jan. 15, 2016) news release.
The employees who sold the alcohol were issued citations, and given a future court date. The citations typically carry a fine, Gengler said.
The 10 businesses that passed the compliance check were:
- Fox View Liquor Store, 6N559 IL-25, St. Charles
- Dutch West Inn, 36W610 Foothill Road, Elgin
- Old Starks, 43W478 IL-72, Hampshire
- BP Plank Road, 125 W. Plank Road, Burlington
- Winners Circle, 50W226 Old State Road, Maple Park
- Calamity Jane’s, S593 IL-47, Sugar Grove
- BP Gas Station, 9S593 IL-47, Sugar Grove
- Stoney’s Tavern, 1031 Ridgeway Ave., Aurora
- Parkside Lanes, 34W185 Montgomery Road, Montgomery
- Rudy’s Bar, 900 Hill Ave., Aurora
The two businesses that failed and issued citations were:
- Mott’s Bar, 195 Main St., Burlington. Lori Ward, 56, of Marengo was cited for sale of alcohol to a minor.
- Chucks Bar & Grill, 47w739 Route 64, Sycamore. Ronald Ritchey, 64, of Elburn was cited for sale of alcohol to a minor.
SOURCE: Kane County Sheriff’s Office news release