The 2015 assessment changes for Elgin Township is being published Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015, in The Elgin Courier-News.
After all revisions and corrections by the Elgin Township assessor are applied, an equalization factor is calculated, and each non-farm property in Elgin Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0125.
The publication of your property’s assessed value starts the clock ticking for the approximate one-month time period when you can contest the assessment. In other words, if you think your property was assessed at a higher value than its market value, and if you live in Elgin Township, you have until Sept. 21, 2015, to file a complaint with the Kane County Board of Review.
To obtain assessment information about a property in any township in Kane County, you need to call your local township assessor’s office or visit your local assessor’s website. You can do that by checking this Kane County Township Assessors directory, located on the Kane County Supervisor of Assessments website.
Click the link to see the Rules and Procedures of the Kane County Board of Review or call 630-208-3818.
2015 Filing Deadlines in Kane County
By state law, the last day that an assessment complaint may be filed is the close of business on the 30th day after publication in a local newspaper. The only exception is if the County Assessment Office is not open on the 30th day; in that instance, the deadline is automatically extended to the close of business on the next day the office is open.Final filing deadlines have already been set for the following townships:
- Hampshire: Filing deadline has passed.
- Big Rock: Filing deadline has passed.
- Batavia: Filing deadline has passed.
- Dundee: Filing deadline has passed.
- Campton: Filing deadline has passed.
- St. Charles: Filing deadline has passed.
- Aurora: Aug. 20
- Virgil: Aug. 24
- Rutland: Aug. 31
- Plato: Sept. 14
- Blackberry: Sept. 14
- Kaneville: Sept. 14
- Sugar Grove: Sept. 14
- Burlington: Sept. 14
- Geneva: Sept. 14
- Elgin: Sept. 21
- Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Website
- Township Assessor Websites
- Board of Review
- Rules and Procedures
- Homestead Exemptions
- Kane County Government
- Kane County Treasurer
- Kane County Clerk
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Property Tax Code
More Helpful Links
- Kane County Assessment Office Progress Report 2015
- Newspaper Publications in PDF Form
- Exemptions FAQ
- Aurora Township Assessments Publish July 21 in The Beacon-News
- Hey, Campton Township! Property Tax Assessments Published July 9
- Dundee Township Property-Assessment Changes Will Be Published July 8
- Batavia Township Assessments To Be Published June 26
- Big Rock Township Assessment Changes Published Tuesday, June 2
- Assessment Changes for Hampshire Township Published Monday, May 18
- ‘How Is My Property’s Assessment Determined?’ Plus 3 Final FAQs
- Hey, Virgil! Assessment Changes for Virgil Township to Be Published in Print, Online, July 23
- Property Assessment Changes for Rutland Township Ready for Publication
- 6 Township Assessment Lists See Print Aug. 13-14