Kane County drivers are going to get a break over the Fourth of July holiday, because the Illinois Department of Transportation is doing likewise.
To improve traffic flow and reduce congestion for Fourth of July holiday travelers, the Illinois Department of Transportation today announced that non-emergency roadwork will be suspended, where possible, from 3 p.m., Thursday, July 2, until 12:01 a.m., Monday, July 6.
Lanes will be opened, where possible, but motorists should be alert as lane closures in some work zones will remain in effect. Please slow down, eliminate distractions and use extra caution while driving through all work zones. Work zone speed limits remain in effect where posted.
Here are the lane closures that will remain in place this weekend:
- Jericho over Blackberry Creek — road closed, please follow detour signs.
- Indian Trail Road over Fox River in Aurora is closed to traffic in both directions. There is posted detour route for traffic.
- U.S. 20 at Allen Road, Hampshire — traffic using temporary runarounds. One lane is open in each direction.
- IL 25 is closed south of Stearns. Follow posted detour.
Other Counties in IDOT Region 1
- IL 83 over the Cal-Sag Channel in Lemont Township will have one SB and one NB lane closed.
- Salem Dr. in Schaumburg is one way southbound from IL 58 to Bode Rd. A detour route is posted.
- IL 83 from Harrison Ave. to Western/Dixie Highway, going east & westbound, one lane open in each direction; Western Ave/Dixie Hwy from 145th St. to 149th St. – one lane open in each direction. (Posen, IL)
- 25th Avenue from St. Charles road to Lake Street in Bellwood and Melrose Park will be completely closed to traffic for long term construction. There is a posted detour for traffic to follow.
- Willow Road from IL 43 (Waukegan Road) to I-94: one lane in each direction will be open between Waukegan Rd. and I-94.
- Illinois Route 171 over I-55: The following ramps are closed to traffic: Inbound I-55 to southbound Illinois Route 171 and outbound I-55 to southbound Illinois Route 171. The following ramps are open to traffic: Outbound I-55 to northbound Illinois Route 171 and inbound I-55 to northbound Illinois Route 171.
- Illinois Route 171(First Avenue): Traffic heading southbound Illinois Route 171 from 47th Street has been detoured to the northbound Illinois 171. Traffic configuration is one lane each direction between Archer Ave and 47th Street. All ramps on southbound Illinois Route 171 closed to traffic.
- Intersection improvement on IL 171 at 104th Ave/Willow Springs Rd. located in Willow Springs. NB and SB lanes of IL 171 between Willow Blvd and Rust; RIGHT TURN lanes at the intersection will be CLOSED. Permanent lane closures NB and SB. Permanent lane closures of left lane for work on median. Through lanes will be maintained with 1 lane open in each direction of all four legs.
- Torrence Avenue is closed between 136th and 138th St. in Burnham. Follow Detour.(Note: this is a Bureau of Maintenance job not Construction)
- IL 83 (Kingery Highway) has 1 lane closed in each direction; westbound lanes on (63rd St. Ditch) and at 63rd St. in Willowbrook will be closed for construction. A detour route is posted.
- Warrenville Rd over the DuPage River is closed. Follow posted detour.
- Williams Rd in Warrenville is closed. Follow posted detour.
- IL 59, between Diehl Road and New York/Aurora Road will have two lanes open in each direction utilizing the median as one lane; between Meridian Parkway and North Aurora Road there is one lane NB under the METRA Bridge (viaduct). Between Diehl Road and Ferry Road there are two lanes SB and one lane NB over the I-88 Bridge.
- East New York Street from Welsh Drive to Asbury Drive in Aurora – lane closure eastbound and westbound; one lane open in each direction.
- Lake Street is closed to traffic between IL 83 and Drury Lane in Grayslake with a posted detour in place.
- IL 132 over Des Plaines River; Lane closures one lane open in each direction over the River.
- Noe Road is closed at the bridge over Rush Creek in Marengo Township with a posted detour in place.
- Blodgett Road at I-55 is closed with a detour posted.
- Jackson St. Bridge over Des Plaines River in Joliet will be closed July 1-3 with a detour posted.
- US 30 from I-55 to the west frontage road in Plainfield will be reduced to one lane in each direction.