This is not strictly Kane County related, but as Paul said in Sergeant Peppers, we thought you might like to know.
The Illinois Department of Transportation announced that lane, ramp and shoulder closures will occur in Cook, Lake, Will, DuPage and McHenry counties for 27 bridge rehabilitation projects beginning, weather permitting, Monday, July 6.
In order to complete the work, temporary lane closures will occur in the following locations:
- I-90 SB Right Side Locals 180 ft. north of 31st.
- I-94 SB Left Side 320 ft. past Michigan Ave.
- I-94 SB 130th St. Exit Ramp
- I-94 NB North of RR Bridge @ 128th st.
- I-94 NB @ RR Bridge
- U.S. 41 SB 0.5 miles south of Deerfield Rd left side
- U.S. 41 SB 0.75 miles south of Deerfield Rd left side
- U.S. 41 center Median at Lexus dealership south of Parkside Dr.
- U.S. 41 center median at Parkside Dr.
- U.S. 41 south of Applewood Ct.
- U.S. 41 0.1 miles south of Old Mill Rd.
- I-290 east of Butterfield Rd.
- I-290 EB Exit Ramp @ 2100 ft. east of Butterfield Rd right side
- Lake St. Ramp to I-90/94 EB
- I-90/94 EB before Division St. Exit Ramp
- 16A) I-90/94 WB East of Kimball Ave.
- 16B) I-90/94 WB east of Kimball Ave.
- I-90/94 over Kimball Ave between outbound & reversible lanes
- I-90/94 over Kimball Ave outbound lanes north.
- -90/94 over Kimball Ave between inbound & reversible lanes.
- I-90/94 over Kimball Ave. outbound lanes
- Des Planes Ave. over I-290
- Center St. NB over I-80
- U.S. 20 off ramp from I-355 SB to WB of U.S. 20 100 ft. from intersection
- I-290 EB 0.5 miles east of Mill Rd.
- I-290 WB Right side west of Emroy Ave.
- IL 53 Extension ramp from EB Lake Cook to SB IL 53 extension
- U.S. 12 over Nippersink Creek
The projects, which primarily involve routine repairs to bridge barrier and noise walls, will be complete by Oct. 9.
Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to flaggers and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits and be on the alert for workers and equipment.
Find details on other construction projects in District 1 on the IDOT website.
Traffic updates are available online at www.travelmidwest.com.