The 2015 assessment changes for Virgil Township are being published Thursday, July 23, 2015, in the Elburn Herald.
As of that date, you can also view an online PDF version on the Supervisor of Assessments website.
After all revisions and corrections by the township assessor are applied, an equalization factor is calculated, and each non-farm property in Virgil Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0000.
To obtain assessment information about a property in any township in Kane County, please call your local township assessor’s office or visit your township assessor’s website by checking this Kane County Township Assessors directory on the Kane County Supervisor of Assessments website.
As always, publication starts the clock ticking for the one month of the year you can challenge your assessment. Pursuant to state law, the deadline to file 2015 assessment complaints for the properties within Virgil Township is Aug. 24, 2015. No complaint for property in Virgil Township can be accepted after that date.
To obtain complaint forms and a copy of the Rules and Procedures of the Kane County Board of Review, visit this page on the Kane County Assessments.org website or call 630-208-3818.
2015 Filing Deadlines So Far in Kane County
By state law, the last day that an assessment complaint may be filed is the close of business on the 30th day after publication in a local newspaper. The only exception is if the County Assessment Office is not open on the 30th day; in that instance, the deadline is automatically extended to the close of business on the next day the office is open.
- Hampshire: Filing deadline has passed.
- Big Rock: Filing deadline has passed.
- Batavia: July 27
- Dundee: Aug. 7
- Campton: Aug. 10
- St. Charles: Aug. 17
- Aurora: Aug. 20
- Virgil: Aug. 24
Assessment changes for Rutland, Burlington, Plato, Elgin, Kaneville, Blackberry, Geneva and Sugar Grove townships have not yet been published as of July 22. Stay tuned for updates.
- Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Website
- Township Assessor Websites
- Board of Review
- Rules and Procedures
- Homestead Exemptions
- Kane County Treasurer
- Kane County Clerk
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Property Tax Code
More Helpful Links
- Aurora Township Assessments Publish July 21 in The Beacon-News
- Hey, Campton Township! Property Tax Assessments Published July 9
- Dundee Township Property-Assessment Changes Will Be Published July 8
- Batavia Township Assessments To Be Published June 26
- Big Rock Township Assessment Changes Published Tuesday, June 2
- Assessment Changes for Hampshire Township Published Monday, May 18
- ‘How Is My Property’s Assessment Determined?’ Plus 3 Final FAQs