Electric Aggregation Letters Hitting Mailboxes this Week

Electric Aggregation Letters Hitting Mailboxes this Week

Residents and small businesses in unincorporated Kane County, excluding Aurora and Dundee townships, should expect to receive detailed information about the new electric aggregation program in their mailboxes this week.

Letters will be sent by Dynegy Energy Services and will include the Kane County seal on the envelope, so residents should be on the lookout for this important information.

Kane County entered an agreement with Dynegy Energy Services, LLC on June 3 to secure lower electric rates for qualifying residents and small businesses in unincorporated Kane County. The program will go into effect in August 2015.

Residents and small businesses will not need to do anything to be automatically enrolled in the program. There is no enrollment fee, no switching fee, and no early termination fee. Participants will continue to receive their monthly electric bills from ComEd throughout the course of the two-year contract, but will notice that their rates are lower.

Residents may choose to opt out of the electric aggregation program, but will need to do so by July 10, 2015, by returning the Opt-Out Card they receive in the mail or calling Dynegy at 844-351-7691. Ratepayers already receiving electricity from an alternative supplier will receive a different letter in the mail in June that will inform them of how to opt in to Kane County’s program.

Electric Aggregation Program Area mapCareful of Solicitors

Residents should also be aware that it is not uncommon for solicitors to visit areas newly enrolled in an electric aggregation program. Kane County or Dynegy Energy Services will never call or visit door-to-door to solicit enrollment for the electric aggregation program, and will never ask for a resident’s ComEd account number. Residents are advised to not give out their ComEd account number to any caller or door-to-door solicitor unless they have carefully reviewed the contract terms and have made a decision to switch from ComEd to that supplier.

If a solicitor does claim to be representing Kane County and requests a ComEd account number, residents are encouraged to file a complaint with the Illinois Commerce Commission Consumer Services Division by calling 800-524-0795 or visiting www.icc.illinois.gov/consumer/complaint.

For More Information

For more information about the Kane County’s electric aggregation program, please visit www.dynegyenergyservices.com/community/kane-county.php, call the DES Customer Care line at 866-694-1262 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday, or email DESCustCare@Dynegy.com.

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 3.08.00 PM

Read More