That’s the short-version heads up that Illinois Department of Transportation work is coming up in the area of Stearns Road and IL Route 25.
As part of the Illinois Department of Transportation’s ongoing construction project, portions of Illinois Route 25/Stearns Road between Dunham Road and IL Route 25/Stearns Road will be closed at night from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting June 15, 2015, through June 19, 2015, to allow for railroad bridge erection work.
A posted detour will route vehicles around the project site using IL Route 64, IL Route 25, Kirk Road and Dunham Road.
- Westbound traffic on Stearns will be directed south on Dunham.
- Eastbound traffic on Stearns will be directed south on IL 25.
- Northbound traffic on Illinois 25 will be detoured at Illinois 64 and directed to Kirk Road.
- Southbound traffic on Illinois 25 will be directed south on Dunham Road.
- Gilbert Street will be closed at Middle Street. Local access on Gilbert Street will be maintained as far as Center Street.
Traffic will be restored to normal configurations during the daytime hours of 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. each day during this scheduled work.
The public is asked to avoid the area during this night time/early hour’s work and to seek alternate routes, when possible. Motorists affected by this night work are advised to follow the posted detour and to pay attention to the flaggers and exercise caution while traveling near the work area.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to Tom Costello, of the Illinois Department of Transportation, at 224-281-4126.
For all Kane County Traffic Advisories, see KDOT Traffic Alerts.