So, you probably are enjoying your weekend or just got done enjoying your weekend, if you’re reading this on Monday, April 6.
Maybe you’re about to go to work, or just got to work, and you say to yourself, “Holy crud, there’s an election tomorrow, and I’m not even sure what’s on the ballot.”
This time around, you haven’t been hammered with political ads (except for that Rahm-Chuy thing, which sounds like something you might select from Column B of your favorite Chinese restaurant menu.) Without all the negative advertising that goes hand-in-hand with state and national elections, you’re not even sure who NOT to vote for.
While the good news is that there’s a relative sound of silence, there’s also the hard truth that local-election information is difficult to find. You might also be wondering where to look for results on election night.
In addition to KaneCountyConnects.com, here are a few resources to consider:
- Kane County Clerk’s Office Election Pages
- Aurora Election Commission
- Daily Herald Election 2015 Page
- Kane County Chronicle Election Central 2015
- Chicago Tribune Elections 2015
What’s the April 7 Consolidated Election About?
The April 7, 2015, consolidated election is one of those “close to home” ballots that’s really where the rubber meets the road in terms of local representation and local-government impact on your day-to-day life.
School boards, library boards, park boards, community college boards, city and village boards — these are the elected bodies that make decisions that affect many of our most vital services and the majority of our property tax bills. There are also seven referendums you should know about.
What’s on the Ballot
- 2015 Election Primer: Here’s What the April 7 Ballot Looks Like for Kane County*
- Aurora Election Commission April 7 Consolidated Election Primer
- Referendums 2015: 7 Ballot Questions, From Tax Rates to $84M School Building Bonds
- Check Out Your Personalized Sample Ballot for April 7!
- 4 Reasons to Pay Attention (Or Not) to School Board Races on April 7 Ballot
- Municipal Races: 3 Big Kahunas, 21 Board Contested Races in Kane County
More Good Stories
- ELECTION 2015: SCHOOL BOARD RACES HEAT UP AS MORE CANDIDATES JOIN BALLOT
- ELECTION 2015: WHO WON LOTTERY FOR TOP SPOT ON SCHOOL BOARD BALLOT
- HEY, THERE WAS AN ELECTION TUESDAY! (AND NOT JUST IN CHICAGO)
- U-46 CANDIDATES FACE OFF FOR FIRST TIME AT THURSDAY FORUM
- 2015 ELECTION PRIMER: HERE’S WHAT THE APRIL 7 BALLOT LOOKS LIKE FOR KANE COUNTY*
- TUESDAY, MARCH 10, IS LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER FOR APRIL 7 ELECTION
- ELECTION 2015: List of Contested Races, LOWV Forums in Geneva, St. Charles
- Grace Period for Voter Registration Is Under Way, Now Through April 4
- Be Cool, Be Trendy: Early Voting Starts Monday in Kane County
- Blackberry Township Hosts 2 Highway Referendum Information Meetings
- St. Charles Voters: No More Polling Place in Charlestowne Mall