According to EarthSky News, folks in Kane County, which is our center of the universe, will have the joy of seeing a full moon plus Jupiter tonight and early tomorrow.
Of course, this is true anywhere you are on planet Earth.
Here in the northern hemisphere, the February full moon is called the Wolf Moon. We might call it the coyote moon or maybe the coywolf moon here in Kane County, because that’s the closest we get to an actual wolf.
There are several chances to see the planets this month. Check out the Read More list below for more information.
Evening planets in February 2015
- Brilliant Venus in west at nightfall.
- Fading Mars in west at nightfall.
- Bright Jupiter in east at nightfall, then out all night
- Saturn visible in February predawn.
- Mercury in east as dawn breaks.
- Full moon plus Jupiter on February 3-4, 2015
- Zodiacal light is glowing pyramid in west after dark.