Kane County public school districts are closed Thursday, Jan. 8, the second day in a row that bitter cold has taken its toll.
Kane County government offices remain open.
Other important information is that garbage collections days likely will change for some communities and that some municipal offices might be closed. Check out the links below for more valuable information.
- Kane County School District Closings
- Kane County Warming Centers
- Kane County Forest Preserves Closed Jan. 7
- Emergency Closing Center website
- National Weather Service for Kane County
- Links to Websites of Kane County Cities, Villages and Townships.
- Links to Public Schools Directory and Private Schools Directory, for more information.
- Links to Library Districts and Park Districts in Kane County,
Kane County School Closings
Here are links to school district web pages and Facebook pages for additional info.
East Aurora School District 131 — CLOSED JAN. 8
Due to extreme cold, all East Aurora School District 131 schools will remain closed on Thursday, Jan. 8. All after-school activities are also cancelled for Thursday, Jan. 8. All District administrative buildings will remain open. More info: http://bit.ly/1s6rPrD
West Aurora School District 129 — CLOSED JAN. 8
Due to extreme temperatures and dangerous wind chills, school will not be in session Thursday, January 8th. All after school activities will also be canceled.
Batavia School District 101 — CLOSED JAN. 8
Due to extreme weather conditions, all Batavia Public Schools will be closed on Thurs., Jan. 8. http://bit.ly/1xGsrF1
The District Office will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Central School District 301 — CLOSED JAN. 8
All Central 301 schools and offices will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, January 8th due to the extremely cold weather conditions. All Central 301 activities and events are canceled for Thurssday. Please continue to stay warm and be careful if you need to travel outside. Thank you and have a great evening.read more
Please continue to stay warm and be careful if you need to travel outside. Thank you and have a great evening.
Geneva School District 304 — CLOSED JAN. 8
Geneva CUSD 304 Schools will be closed Thursday, Jan. 8, 2015 due to inclement weather.
Please note that the 8th Grade Parent Night will still be held at 7:00 p.m. at Geneva High School as originally scheduled.
Kaneland School District 302 — CLOSED JAN. 8
All District 302 schools and the Fox Valley Career Center will be closed Thursday January 8th because of the severe weather. Please stay warm and be careful if you must venture outdoors.
School District 300 — CLOSED JAN. 8
In keeping with our commitment to student and staff safety, District 300 schools will be closed on Thursday, January 8th.
We are informing you of the school closures this afternoon so that you can better prepare for tomorrow.
All after-school practices, performances, and competitions are also cancelled.
District 300 transportation and other transportation services will not be operating. The District 300 Central Office and the Main Office in each school will remain opened.
School District U-46 — CLOSED JAN. 8
Schools Closed Tomorrow January 8
Please be aware that all U-46 schools will be closed Thursday, January 8, due to the weather. What you need to know is this:
- All U-46 schools are closed.
- All before and after-school activities have been canceled.
- All SAFE programs are closed.
- The Citizens’ Advisory Council General Meeting has been canceled.
- All principals, assistant principals, and twelve-month employees, including twelve-month secretaries and twelve-month administrators, are expected to report to work. All other employee groups do not work when schools are closed, but will have their work year extended.
St. Charles CUSD 303 — CLOSED JAN. 8
All District 303 schools will be closed Thursday, January 8 due to weather conditions. In addition, all after-school activities are cancelled. Additional information regarding these events will be posted on D303.org or your school’s web site as it becomes available.
All 12-month employees are expected to report to work. In case of absence, 12-month employees must use a vacation or personal day. 12 month support staff also have the option of using a sick day.