The Kane County Division of Transportation made its 2015 Construction Project Update presentation on Tuesday to the Transportation Committee.
For your visual pleasure as well as for E-Z reading, here are five illustrated updates of what’s going on throughout Kane County during the winter months. For a more-detailed look at the highlights, scroll on down this article.
Click the links to learn more about the projects as posted on the KDOT website.
(1) Crews will work around the cold temperatures over winter to drive piles and work on the proposed bridge abutments and piers for the Anderson Road Grade Separation project.
(2) The Randall Road over Tyler Creek, Metra and Union Pacific railroad bridge is substantially complete and open to traffic. Outstanding punch list items will be completed spring 2015.
(3) The new Tanner Road over Lake Run Creek bridge was opened late 2014 with remaining asphalt paving and site work to be completed spring 2015.
(4) Work on the new French Road over Burlington Creek bridge was completed late 2014 with remaining asphalt paving and site work to be completed spring 2015.
(5) With the early onset of cold weather, crews will wrap up some remaining underground work before shutting down for the winter on the Plank Road Realignment Improvement.
1. IL 25/Stearns (Stage 3A) – Dunham to south of Stearns Road (Construction by IDOT) – Crews continue to install new storm sewer and have started work on the shoofly for the railroad. The amount of work and progress over winter will depend on the weather. Project completion is anticipated for fall 2015.
2. Anderson Road – IL38 to Keslinger – Bridge crews are working around the weather to drive abutment piles and work on the abutments and piers, as temperatures will permit. Some bridge pier construction is anticipated to begin in the next few months and continue as the weather allows. Completion is anticipated for fall 2015 or early 2016, weather dependent.
3. Randall Road over Tyler Creek, Metra, and UPRR Improvement – The project is open to traffic and is substantially complete. Minor site work not completed this year will be completed in spring 2015.
4. French Road over Burlington Creek – The project has been shut down for the winter and two-way traffic has been restored. Remaining asphalt paving and other site work are scheduled for completion in spring 2015.
5. Tanner Road over Lake Run Creek – The project has been shut down for the winter and two- way traffic has been restored. Remaining asphalt paving and other site work are scheduled for completion in spring 2015.
6. Plank Road Realignment – Crews are buttoning up utility work for 2014 and will then shut down for the winter. Site work addressing the realignment of Plank Road will resume in spring 2015. Completion of the project is anticipated to occur in late summer 2015.
1. Longmeadow Parkway – Phase II Engineering, plat of highway preparation, appraisals and right-of-way acquisition continues. Recently secured nearly $1M of State TARP funds
2. Burlington Road at IL 47 – Construction of a proposed single-lane roundabout funded primarily with Federal funds. Phase II Engineering is complete and right-of-way acquisition is ongoing. Currently targeting a spring/summer 2015 IDOT letting.
3. Various Engineering Projects – There are dozens of other projects under way.