Are you ready to launch your construction career?
Join the Quad County Urban League’s Transportation Construction Apprenticeship Readiness Training program.
The program runs over the course of one year and includes technical training classes and hands-on experiences. It involves eight cohorts of 60 participants each that then feed into 25 technical training classes, each accommodating 20 individuals for smaller class sizes and more hands-on experience with equipment and actual worksite materials.
The TCART program of the Community Based Organization for Kane and DuPage county has kicked off for the second year and is seeking participants.
Here is more information on what you need to do to qualify for and complete the program, according to the TCART Illinois website:
Successfully Completing the Program
1. How to Successfully Complete the Program
Successfully completing the program is totally up to you. If you bring your best self to the program, continually seek to learn and adhere to a few simple program policies, your success in the TCART program is but a few weeks away.
A. Participate and engage in class every day. Prepare to learn something new each time.
B. Bring your best attitude every day.
C. Demonstrate consistent respect for your instructors and peers in your words and actions. (Foul or disrespectful language is grounds for termination.)
D. Be in attendance every day, on time. A strict attendance policy is enforced. (Any violation is grounds for immediate termination. Class begins promptly at 7 a.m., Monday through Friday)
E. Be prepared to successfully complete random drug screenings throughout program.
F. Follow all “house rules” regarding attire, safety, attendance and behavior.
TCART Metrics That Matter: As of September 22, 2014
- 214 hires to date (including 190 participant hires and 24 Journeymen hires)
- 120 hired in construction/transportation related roles (105 participants and 15 Journeymen)
- 62 of participants hired directly into union jobs/ apprenticeships
- Average hourly wage for participants is $15.52 with 39% earning between $16 – $42 per hour.
- 352 Training Program Graduates in program year one ending 5/30/14
- Graduate Ethnicity: 86% African American; 9% Hispanic; 4% Caucasian; 1% Asian
- Graduate Gender: 75% Male; 25% Female
- Graduate County: 73% from Cook County; 26% from Lake County; 1% Other
- 52 Current Training Class Participants
For more information, contact the Quad County Urban League, 1685 N. Farnsworth Ave., Aurora, IL 60505.