With Halloween coming up in less than two weeks, it’s little surprise that many of the upcoming weekend events have a scary theme.
Here are five fun-and-frightening places to go and things to do in and around Kane County:
This is a nice one, because it’s at the Kane County Fairgrounds and proceeds benefit Steel Beam Theatre, a 501©(3) not-for-profit. “This haunted house, where ALL of the rooms are 3D, has new features and loads of fun.”
- Where: The Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 Randall Road, St. Charles.
- More info: 630-587-8521.Kcscaregrounds.com.
There’s a little bit of history in this haunted hall. “The Elgin Turner Hall building is more than a century old. The mysterious noises, haunting moans and footsteps coming from the third floor … are not of the living. Yet once a year we dare to open our doors to the public.”
- Where: 112 Villa St., Elgin
- More info: 847-697-4431, www.elginturners.org/haunted
(3) Haunted Quarry
The Haunted Quarry is fun and park-district friendly. “Face your fears and experience all the nightmares that await you! This event is not suitable for kids 10 and under.”
- Where: Harold Hall Quarry Beach, 400 S. Water St., Batavia
- More info: 630-406-5282, www.bataviaparks.org
OK, Naper Settlement isn’t strictly Kane County, but it’s close by and family friendly. “Our historic buildings are turned into Frankenstein’s Laboratory, a Victorian Insane Asylum, a Torture Dungeon, Journey through the Underworld and so much more. Beware! Be Scared!”
- Where: Naper Settlement, 523 S. Webster St., Naperville
- More info: 630-420-6010, Napersettlement.org
Remember the old Santa’s Village? Well, things have changed. “Nightmare from North Street presents Escape the Nightmare — 16 acres of terror and horror in one location with two haunted attractions!”
- Where: Santa’s Village Azoosment Park, 601 Dundee Ave., East Dundee
- More info: 847-426-6751, Nightmarefromnorthst.com
Looking For More?
Check out these websites: