An orb-weaving spider sits head-down in its web, awaiting the arrival an an unsuspecting insect, on Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014, in a yard in Elgin, Illinois.
Photographer Ted Schnell says the pattern on the spider’s butt resembles an angry bearded man wearing a light-colored shirt, a tie, and a fez.
I say it looks like a cross.
What’s your take? Can you identify this species of spider? Leave a comment on this blog or on our Kane County Connected Facebook page.
- Photo by Ted Schnell. See more of Ted Schnell’s images in his photo blog, Site to Sight.
- Editor’s Note: Are you an amateur or professional photographer in Kane County? We’d like to give you a platform to showcase your photos in a feature we’re calling “Kane County Moments.” To take part, email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief (or long, if you prefer) description. Put “Kane County Moments” in the subject line, and we’ll post as many as we can.
Other Kane County Moments
- Kane County Moments: An Image of Mooseheart Farm During Farm Appreciation Month
- Kane County Moments: Photography Meets Art Meets Fall Sports Season
- Kane County Moments: St. Charles Moves Historic Jones Law Office Building
- Kane County Moments: ‘Biking in Batavia’
- Kane County Moments: Coyote Pup Caught Briefly in the Crowds of Downtown Elgin
- Kane County Moments: ‘Too Soon to Think of Autumn Mornings?’