It’s hard to believe, but the second installment of property taxes for this year is coming up quickly.
Kane County Treasurer David J. Rickert sent a reminder this week that the second installment of the 2013 (payable 2014) property tax bills will be due on Sept. 2, 2014. Taxpayers can make payment by:
- Mailing the payment, along with the payment coupon, to the Treasurer’s Office in the envelope provided;
- Visiting one of the designated banks within Kane County on or before the due date (be sure to bring the payment coupon);
- Visiting the Kane County Treasurer’s Office during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday
through Friday except holidays);
- Depositing the payment with coupon in the property tax drop boxlocated behind Building A at the Government Center in Geneva (available 24 hours a day); or
- Paying by credit card or e-check over the Internet; please note there are convenience fees for both of these services.
It’s also probably a good idea to remind residents that now is the time to protest your assessment, if you’re inclined to do so.
The following townships are open for filing assessment complaints, and the following deadlines have been established for filing an assessment complaint:
- Big Rock: August 1
- Virgil: August 4
- Dundee: August 7
- Rutland: August 11
- Sugar Grove: August 14
- Blackberry: August 18
- Saint Charles: August 25
- Campton: August 28
- Geneva: August 28