The Kane County 2014 Crack Sealing program is scheduled to begin this week (July 14, 2014) weather permitting, with an anticipated duration of approximately seven weeks.
The program involves filling and sealing roadway cracks on various county roads to extend the life of the pavement.
Subject to change, the roadways in the north end of the county are scheduled to be treated in the following order:
- Huntley Road (Kreutzer Road to Sleepy Hollow Road)
- Big Timber Road (Harmony Road to US Highway 20)
- Plank Road (County Line Road to Burlington Road)
- McLean Boulevard (Spring Street to Bowes Road)
- Dunham Road (950’ South of IL Route 25 to 1950’ South of IL Route 25)
- Kirk Road (Dunham Road to Fox Chase Drive)
Roadways in the central and southern portion of the county will be treated upon completion of the above roads and will be addressed in a future press release.
The roads being treated will remain open during treatment, but may be reduced to one lane travel using temporary daily lane closures. Motorists should add additional time to their commutes, expect delays, watch for construction activity, and obey flaggers while traveling through the work areas.
Motorists may want to consider the use of alternate routes while this work is being completed.
Questions or concerns may be directed to David Sitko at (630) 313-0754. For all Kane County Traffic Advisories, see www.co.kane.il.us/dot/trafficalerts.
SOURCE: Kane County Division of Transportation press release