The All Our Kids (AOK) Early Childhood Network is a coalition of local agencies and maternal – child services that ensure that all families with children under the age of 5 receive needed services from pre-natal care to well-baby checkups, parenting education to specialized services. Nearly 35 agencies work together to implement a strategic plan to make this happen for all families with children.
The Kane County AOK Network seeks to improve outcomes for children and families by focusing on local priorities and local system-building through proactive and responsive collaboration.
The Kane County Health Department website has all kinds of information and education resources for parents under a variety of categories, including but not limited to:
- Immunization Schedule for Babies
- How to Calm Your Crying Baby
- Medication Safety Brochure
- Tips for Giving Your Child Medicine
- Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Feeding Kids the Right Message
- Is Your Child a Picky Eater?
- Tips for Healthy Nutrition – Help Your Child Enjoy Vegetables
And that’s just a small sampling.
For more education resources for parents, visit this page.