Perhaps one of the lesser-known festivals in Kane County is among the best.
There’s a ton of fun and entertainment coming Thursday through Sunday at Hampshire Coon Creek Country Days at Bruce Ream Park, 368 Terwilliger Ave., Hampshire.
Members of the HCCCD Committee put together a great lineup of entertainment, which you can see below, and proceeds go to the Burlington-Hampshire Area Food Pantry. In 2013, the committee was able to donate $10,000 to the food pantry.
Thursday, July 31
- 6pm – 10pm — Family Wristlet Day!
- 6:15pm – 6:45pm —Opening Ceremonies, includes National Anthem -Hampshire Coon Creek Country Days Choir – Members of First United Methodist Church, Zion United Methodist Church, Faithway Baptist Church, HCCCD Committee Members, Members of our Community. Led by Choir Director Mrs. Jody Taylor (First UMC) and Interpreter Mrs. Emily Lange of Hampshire.
- 7pm – 7:30pm — Northern Illinois Dance Center
- 7pm —6h Annual Gun’s vs. Hose’sCharity Softball Game (At the Softball field)
Supporting the “Illinois Special Olympics” (7 innings of extreme fun you don’t want to miss.)
- 8pm-10pm — Drift Away
Friday, Aug. 1
- 6pm-10pm — Family Wristlet Day!
- 6pm-6:45pm — Badge (Cream Tribute Band)
- 7pm-9pm — Liberty’s Teeth
- 10pm-midnight — The Lounge Puppets
Saturday, Aug 2
- 1pm-5pm — Petting Zoo
- 2pm-3:30pm — 4th Point (Contemporary Christian Rock Band)
- 4pm-4:30pm — Mayer School of Irish Dance
- 4:30pm-5pm — Kyuki-Do Martial Arts Demonstration
- 5:10pm-5:40pm — Earl C. Engel Award Presentation
- 6:30pm-8:30pm — The Neverly Brothers (From Elvis to the Beatles!)
- 9:15pm — Fireworks Extravaganza
- 9:45pm-midnight — BLB (Country Rock), Brian Lavender Band
Sunday, Aug. 3
- 7am8am — Hampshire Lion’s Club Pancake Breakfast10K Race, 2K Walk (Sponsored by the Park District) www.hampshireparkdistrict.org
- Noon — Parade Day!
- 1pm-5pm — Corn Boil, Free Sweet Corn till’ it’s gone!Petting Zoo FREE Pony Rides! (Tower Hill Stables), Family Wristlet Day!
- 12:30pm-1pm — Daniel Souvigny (Pop, Jazz, Ragtime)
- 2pm-4pm — 7th Heaven
- 4:30pm — HCCCD Committee
- 4:45 p.m. — 2nd Annual Corn Eating Contest!