The Kane County 2014 Crack Sealing program is scheduled to begin the week of July 28, 2014, weather permitting, with an anticipated duration of approximately seven weeks.
The program involves filling and sealing roadway cracks on various county roads to extend the life of the pavement.
Subject to change, the roadways are scheduled to be treated in the following order:
- LaFox Road (IL Route 38 to South Grand Monde Drive)
- Keslinger Road (IL Route 47 to 1,600 feet east of IL Route 47)
- Fabyan Parkway (North Raddant Road to Kingsland Drive)
- County Line Road (Perry Road to Harter Road)
- Main Street (County Line Road to IL Route 47)
- Swan Road (Davis Road to Main Street)
The roads being treated will remain open during treatment, and may be reduced to one lane travel using temporary daily lane closures. Motorists should add additional time to their commutes, expect delays, watch for construction activity, and obey flaggers while traveling through the work areas. Motorists may want to consider the use of alternate routes while this work is being completed.
Questions or concerns may be directed to David Sitko at (630) 313-0754. For all Kane County Traffic Advisories, see www.co.kane.il.us/dot/trafficalerts.