Remember our veterans this summer during the 70th anniversary of World War II by attending the Fox River Trolley Museum’s “RAILS TO VICTORY” WW2 Living History Reenactment Saturday and Sunday at the Fox River Trolley Museum.
You can experience a World War II military encampment, view period battles on the banks of the Fox River, be a fan at an actual U.S. Home Front Baseball game with the Rockford Peaches made famous in the 1992 Tom Hanks and Geena Davis film, A League of their Own. Ride the museum trolleys into occupied France to experience the suspense and drama of the heroism of the American allies.
Entry to the museum grounds is free and includes battles, military encampments, demonstrations and a Rockford Peaches baseball game.
The Fox River Trolley Museum is located at 361 South LaFox St. (Route 31), South Elgin, IL 60177
- 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 7
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 8
- Trolley Adventure Tours into Occupied France on Saturday only: 10:30, 11, 11:30 a.m., 2:30, 3, 3:30 p.m., 6:30, 7, 7:30 p.m. Excursion Ticket Required.
- Large Battle Reenactment on Museum Grounds: Sunday @ 1:30
- All-American Girls Baseball Game featuring the Rockford Peaches: 2:30-4:30pm (Sunday)
OTHER DAILY PROGRAMS
- Historical Presentations and Demos
- Army Medical Demonstrations
- All-American Girls Baseball Game – Sunday Afternoon.
- Military Vehicles
- Period WW2 Bicycle Parade & Trail Ride – Sunday Morning.
- Weapons & Uniform Demo
- Ladies Fashions of the ’40s
- SOUTH ELGIN PARKS & RECREATION DEPT.
- KANE COUNTY FOREST PRESERVE DISTRICT
- WWII HISTORICAL RE-ENACTMENT SOCIETY