County officials from Kane, DeKalb and Kendall counties met Thursday, May 15, at the Best Western Timber Creek Inn & Suites Conference Center in Sandwich for the annual State of the Counties luncheon hosted by the Metro West Council of Government.
Metro West is a council of municipalities serving a population of more than 750,000 in Kane, DeKalb and Kendall Counties of Illinois. The non-profit organization was founded in November 2004 and is supported by member dues. It serves its members and the region by:
- Promoting excellence in local government.
- Evaluating the impact of pending state and federal legislation on municipalities.
- Articulating municipal concerns and advocating municipal positions on local, regional, state and national issues.
- Fostering intergovernmental communication and cooperation.
- Providing research, technical assistance, training and leadership development opportunities to members.Addressing growth, transportation and water conservation issues affecting the region.
- Serving as a strong advocate for municipalities.