Want to know more about crime in your neck of the woods, if you live in unincorporated parts of Kane County?
The Kane County Sheriff’s Department website has some very cool tools for monitoring what’s happening. One of the best is on the “Crime Analyst” page, and you can click here to see the Crime Statistics Map.
What does a Crime Analyst do?
- Identify and disseminate information about crime patterns so that the agency’s police officers can intervene and stop the crimes as soon as possible
- Use identified information to develop long-term strategies and problem-solving methods to curb further crimes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statistical reports for the agency
- Conduct and analyze community surveys
- Forecast the volume of police activity in the months and years
- Prepare charts, maps and graphs for community presentations and other agency presentations
What is Crime Analysis?
- The study of criminal incidents
- The identification of crime patterns, trends and other problems
- The analysis of patterns, trends and other problems
- The dissemination of information to the agency so that strategies and tactics can be developed to solve crime trends
How can I find out more about crime in my neighborhood?
- Click here > Crime Statistics Map >>
Look for the area that you live in, then click on the corresponding Sheriff Beat in the box on the left side of the screen. This will show you Crimes Reported in your area for the Past 365 Day’s.
In the Crime Statistics Map, Crimes Against Persons include:
- First Degree Murder
- Domestic Battery
- Aggravated Assault
- Criminal Sexual Assault
- Domestic Trouble
- Aggravated Battery
- Reckless Conduct
- Armed Robbery