Six major-league Kane County roads are getting a facelift in the coming weeks.
The Pavement Preservation and Rejuvenation program for the following roads is scheduled to begin the week of June 2, 2014 and be completed by July 15, 2014, weather permitting. The program involves the application of surface treatments to various County roads in order to extend the service life of the roadway.
Subject to change, the roadways are scheduled to be treated in the following order:
- West County Line Road (Main Street to Perry Road)
- Granart Road (County Line to Rhodes Road)
- Fabyan Parkway (Main Street to South Mill Creek Drive)
- Corron Road (Silver Glen Road to McDonald Road)
- Silver Glen Road (Randall Road to 200 ft west of IL Route 31)
- Keslinger Road (West County Line Road to IL Route 47)
The roads being treated will remain open during treatment and may be reduced to one lane travel using temporary daily lane closures. Motorists should add extra time to their commutes, expect delays, watch for construction activity, and obey flaggers while traveling through the work areas. The use of alternate routes is an option that motorists may want to seriously consider.
For all Kane County Traffic Advisories, see www.co.kane.il.us/dot/trafficalerts.
SOURCE: Kane County Division of Transportation