The Kane County Health Department does a lot of great things, but among them is a monthly report on the health environment in Kane County.
The report includes information on environmental health, from nuisance complaints to a lead survey description to well and septic permitting numbers.
One of the most interesting items in the report is a list business openings — new establishments that sell or serve food. The good news is that, in April, there were 15 new businesses that started operations. Please consider giving them a warm welcome, a friendly visit or a “like” to their Facebook pages. They are:
- SHARE AND CARE LEARNING CENTER INC., a daycare and school at 12 John St., North Aurora
- FISHERMAN’S INN, an American-cuisine restaurant at 43W693 Main St., Elburn
- LA ESCINITA DE DURANGO, a convenience store at 433 Claim St., Aurora
- SWEET CORNER, a bakery at 367 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora
- CHURRO FACTORY, a Mexican restaurant at 1560 Premium Outlet Boulevard, Aurora
- X-FACTOR, an American-cuisine restaurant / bar / nightclub at 560 Randall Road, South Elgin
- BP GAS & FOOD, a retail-food store at 999 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora
- ALMURI FOOD MARKET, a convenience store at 4 Tyler Creek Plaza, Elgin
- BAKTM BELGIANS, a bakery at 228 S. Third St., Geneva
- THE NOBLE PIE, a bakery at 228 S. Third St., Geneva
- BEST WESTERN, an American-cuisine restaurant at 1635 E. Main St., St. Charles
- NOBEL HOUSE, an American-cuisine restaurant at 305 W. State St., Geneva
- TAQUERIA MUNIZ, a Mexican restaurant at 733 Aurora Ave., Aurora
- BRODY’S IRISH PUB, an Irish-cuisine restaurant at 1941 W. Galena Boulevard, Aurora
- LB LIQUORS & WINE BAR, a convenience store at 50 Industrial Drive, Gilberts
Sadly, five establishments also closed in April, according to the report.
- JULIE’S MEXICAN KITCHEN, 4 Tyler Creek Plaza, Elgin
- TACOS MARIA, 733 Aurora Ave., Aurora
- FANTASTICO, 227 W. Wilson St., Batavia
- PAPI’S PLACE, 1941 W. Galena Boulevard, Aurora
- GOLDEN EGG PANCAKE HOUSE, 459 S. Randall Road, North Aurora