POW! Handsome, Super Sweet Taz Needs A New Home
“A cat improves the garden wall in sunshine, and the hearth in foul weather.”
— Judith Merkle Riley, Historical novelist
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
He came to us along with his other kitten siblings over two years ago.
Just a baby, small, white and orange, he was one of the last of the litter to get adopted, through no fault of his own. Everything in its time, everything in its season.
Unfortunately, Taz’s owner’s health deteriorated so the only recourse was to return him to KCAC where he has been waiting ever since for his brand new forever family.
At 2 years old, Taz has become such a handsome young man with a super sweet personality. He loves getting attention, making sure you notice him by rubbing up against anyone that lets him.
He does well with other cats, but definitely prefers scheduling his leisure time around people. At 13 pounds, this big, curious, friendly guy is patiently waiting for his forever family to find him so he can help improve not only their lives, but their surroundings as well.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Better Move Fast If You Want a Yoga Partner Like Shih Tzu Charlie!
- POW! Buster Is a Friendly Puppy Who Loves to Play
- POW! Help Yourself To This Fresh, Sweet Donut
- POW! Elle Is Just Too Cute, And Super Sweet, And a Purring Machine!
- POW! Happy, Super-Friendly Onyx Is Ready For Adoption
- POW! Brownie Will Be Your Happy, Playful Forever Buddy
- POW! Sweet Cadbury Needs a Little Sunshine
- POW! Put Down Your Phone And Enjoy a Conversation With Blue-Eyed Mickey
- POW! Smoki’s Got Movie Star Looks, Complete With The Smoulder
- POW! Brown-Eyed Rustie’s a Beagle Through And Through
- POW! We’re Talking 11-Month-Old Chocolate Lab, Baby!
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
Sign Up To KCC E-Newsletter