Which Aurora Businesses Passed Liquor Compliance Checks?
Investigators from the Aurora Police Department’s Special Operations Group conducted compliance checks at nine businesses across the city to ensure they were abiding by laws governing the sale of alcohol.
All but one of these businesses showed they are following the rules.
On May 8, 2019, clerks at all but one of the businesses “carded” an underage person working with the Aurora police and did not sell that person alcohol.
Those businesses passing the alcohol compliance check include:
- Round 1 Entertainment at the Fox Valley Mall.
- Hooters restaurant, in the 4000 block of Fox Valley Center Drive.
- Fox and the Hound, in the 4400 block of East New York Street.
- Two Brothers Roundhouse, in the 200 block of Broadway.
- Pub 56, in the 1500 block of Butterfield Road.
- Ballydoyle, in downtown Aurora.
- Spartan House, in the 1000 Prairie Street.
- Chili’s, in the 1200 block of Orchard Road.
One business was found not in compliance when a bartender sold an alcoholic beverage to the underage employee:
- Buffalo Wild Wings, in the 1400 block of Orchard Avenue. That bartender was cited for the violation under Aurora local ordinance 6-29(a).
The Aurora Municipal Code, which covers the prohibition against sale of alcohol to minors, can be found here: Municipal Code.
SOURCE: Aurora Police Department news release