St. Charles Resurfacing 2.3 Miles of Streets — Work Starts May 20
As part of the city of St. Charles annual street program, the Public Works Department is resurfacing about 2.3 miles of the city’s roadway network this summer.
The city has contracted with J.A. Johnson Paving for the project. The work is expected to begin the week of May 20, and the roadway work is anticipated to be completed by mid-August.
Streets being resurfaced are listed below. Residents on streets scheduled to be resurfaced were sent a letter from the Public Works Department containing additional and more specific information, including instructions on how to park if there will be impact to residential driveways.
Please visit the 2019 Street Rehabilitation Program page on the city’s website for construction updates and a project location map.
For more information, please contact Chris Gottlieb, Civil Engineer II in the Public Works Department, at 630-377-4486 or email@example.com.
May 14 Update
Anticipated construction work for the week of May 20-24
East Side Streets
- Cedar Avenue – No work at this time. Work anticipated to start after 4th of July.
- Fieldgate Road – Saw cutting of concrete/pavement is scheduled to begin 5/17. Utility repair work is scheduled to begin 5/20.
- Majestic Oaks Drive – Utility repair work and saw cutting of concrete/pavement may begin.
- State Avenue – No work at this time. Work anticipated to start after 4th of July.
West Side Streets
- Deville Lane – No work at this time. Work shall not begin until after July 1st.
- Gray Street – No work at this time. Work shall not begin until after June 10th.
- Illinois Street – No work at this time. Work anticipated to start after 4th of July.
- Meadow View Drive – Utility repair work and saw cutting of concrete/pavement may begin.
- Moody Street – No work at this time.
- S. 11th Street – No work at this time.
About the City of St. Charles
The city of St. Charles, Illinois, has gained national recognition as a family-friendly town and wide acclaim for its architecture, living up to its nickname Pride of the Fox. Conveniently located 35 miles west of Chicago, predominantly in Kane County, St. Charles is home to 33,000 residents and a balanced mix of nearly 2,000 businesses that employ more than 18,000 people.