Weekend Events: It’s Time To Get Out And Touch a Tractor! (Or Take a Selfie)
You know, it’s a pretty darned good thing to touch a tractor, but there’s no reason, in this day and age, you can’t take a selfie at the same time.
You’ll have the opportunity to do either or both — and maybe even win $3,500 cash — Friday, April 12, through Sunday, April 14, on the front lawn of the Kane County Farm Bureau, 2N710 Randall Road (the intersection of Randall Road and Oak Street) in St. Charles.
You’re personally invited to this Kane County Farm Bureau event, and you’re encouraged to actually bring your kids.
Got tractor? Proud owners are invited to contact the Farm Bureau to bring your antique tractors for display at the event.
But wait, there’s more!
Kids can hold a baby chick, sit in the seat of an antique tractor, see modern farm equipment, ride pedal tractors, shell corn, visit the farm zoo, and enter for a FREE chance to win their very own pedal tractor.
As part of the Farm Bureau’s community-minded hunger relief efforts, bringing non-perishable food items to the event earns visitors one extra entry in the pedal tractor drawing. Food will be donated to a local food pantry.
There will also be events such as face painting, book readings, and games for children.
The KCFB Foundation will sell tickets for the 2019 Winner’s Choice Raffle. The grand prize winner will choose from a 1966 Ford 100 pick-up, or a 1956 Massey Harris Model 333 tractor, or $3,500 in cash.
Second prize is $500 in groceries and third prize is $500 in fuel. The Winner’s Choice Raffle is the primary fundraiser for KCFB Foundation college scholarships. The winner will be drawn Sunday, July 21 at the Kane County Fair.
The Kane County Farm Bureau Foundation will recognize 19 college scholarship recipients for 2019-20 at 3 pm on Sunday, April 14.
14th Annual Touch-A-Tractor
- Where: Front lawn of the Kane County Farm Bureau, 2N710 Randall Road (Randall Road at Oak Street), St. Charles.
- Friday, April 12 — Noon – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13 — 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, April 14 — 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Benefits: Kane County Farm Bureau Foundation (Ag Literacy and Scholarship Programs)
- Admission: $2/adult, $5/family or show a Winner’s Choice Raffle ticket for free family admission all weekend long.
- More Info: Visit www.kanecfb.com or call 630-584-8660 for more details.