POW! Gentle, Friendly, Goofy Looking Bosco Is Ready For Some Lap Time
“When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.”
– Mark Twain
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
He’s a little silly looking, really.
His one ear points out like it’s directing traffic while his left ear is down close to his head, more than likely a remnant of living life as a stray and wandering the streets of St. Charles.
His name is Bosco and his former life hasn’t stopped him from enjoying the warmth and safety of living in the cat room at Kane County Animal Control awaiting his time to be adopted.
Bosco is a very sweet 7-year-old orange tabby domestic shorthair that came to us in January. At some point in his early life, someone took care of him and nurtured him because he is extremely gentle and friendly. Finding an open lap is his daily quest. Once found, he is in no rush to leave.
He does well around other cats, but keeps to himself a great deal, perhaps hoping that the next lap he winds up on is the one that takes him to his forever home.
Congratulations to Luna, the small, divine domesticated rabbit with the sweet, loving personality finally was adopted! We are so happy for her.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Tiny Tiggy Has a Heart as Big as The World!
- POW! Is It a Speed Skater? The Flash? No, It’s Max, The Wonder Dog!
- POW! Bring Fluffy Freddie Into Your Home This New Year’s
- POW! With Calico And Cole Porter, ‘I Love Paris’ All Year Long
- POW! Oh, Baby! How Could Anyone Resist This Sweet Chocolate Lab!
- POW! If You’re From NIU, You’ll Love This Sly Huskie
- POW! This Gentle Expressive Mixed Breed Is One Bonnie Lass
- POW! Layla’s Sweet Face Will Melt Your Heart on Valentine’s Day
- POW! Mimi Has The Heart of an Angel, Soul of a Saint
- POW! Meet George And Do The Kitten Dance!
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.