UPDATE: Correction Made on Ballot Instructions for St. Charles Ward 2 Aldermanic Race
A clerical error by the city of St. Charles resulted in incorrect voting instructions appearing on the ballot for the St. Charles Ward 2 aldermanic race.
While the error has been corrected on the official ballots as well as the sample ballots voters can access to review the list of candidates and referenda.
According to a city of St. Charles news release, the ballot had incorrectly instructed voters to vote for two candidates in the Ward 2 aldermanic race. The corrected ballot instructs voters to vote for only ONE candidate.
The candidates vying for the Ward 2 seat are:
- Rita A. Payleitner
- Ryan Bongard
Voters who voted early at the Kane County Clerk’s Office in Geneva received the incorrect ballot.
A Kane County Connects article listing city council and village board candidates has been updated to reflect the correct information.
“The city of St. Charles sincerely apologizes for the error and any confusion this may have caused,” officials said in the news release. “As soon as the city was aware of the error, we worked with the Kane County Clerk’s Office to quickly correct the ballot before widespread early voting began March 18, 2019.”
About the City of St. Charles
Located 35 miles west of Chicago, predominantly in Kane County, St. Charles is home to 33,000 residents and a balanced mix of nearly 2,000 businesses that employ more than 18,000 people. More at www.stcharlesil.gov, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo and LinkedIn.
- Early Voting Under Way For April 2 Election in Kane County
- UPDATE: 9 Referendums on April 2 Ballots in Kane County
- ELECTION 2019: Mayoral, City Council, Village Board Candidates on April 2 Ballots
- Election 2019: Candidates From 14 Library Districts on April 2 Ballots in Kane County
- Personalized Sample Ballots Now Available For April 2 Election!
- UPDATE: League of Women Voters Hosts Series of Forums For April 2 Election
- Who’s On The Ballot? Check Out School Board Candidates in April 2 Election
- Early Voting Sites Now Open All Over Kane County