POW! Mimi Has The Heart of an Angel, Soul of a Saint
“You cannot look at a sleeping cat and feel tense.”
– Jane Pauley, television journalist & author
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
She’s the first cat to run toward you when you enter the cat room.
You can almost hear her chanting, “Me first, me first!” as she rubs up against your legs, happily calling out her little “meows.”
This feline’s name is Mimi, and she was found as a stray in St. Charles. Sweet beyond words, this 2-year-old domestic shorthair can definitely hold up her end of the conversation without interruption.
And she is more than encouraging toward anyone who is willing to give her all the petting she can handle.
Mimi is great around other cats as long as they accept her, too, but she is more playful with people.
Mimi has the heart of an angel and the soul of a saint. She is so looking for the purr-fect home where she can finally keep the conversation going.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! The Force Is Strong With Sweet-Natured Vader
- POW! Hi, I’m Rocko! When Can We Go To The Dog Park?
- POW! Tiny Tiggy Has a Heart as Big as The World!
- POW! Is It a Speed Skater? The Flash? No, It’s Max, The Wonder Dog!
- POW! Bring Fluffy Freddie Into Your Home This New Year’s
- POW! With Calico And Cole Porter, ‘I Love Paris’ All Year Long
- POW! Oh, Baby! How Could Anyone Resist This Sweet Chocolate Lab!
- POW! If You’re From NIU, You’ll Love This Sly Huskie
- POW! This Gentle Expressive Mixed Breed Is One Bonnie Lass
- POW! Layla’s Sweet Face Will Melt Your Heart on Valentine’s Day
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.