City of St. Charles Photo Contest Seeks Classic St. Charles Winter or Holiday Image
2019 marks the 185th Anniversary of St. Charles, and as part of the celebration, the city is hosting a photo contest. The winning photo will grace the cover of the 2019 City of St. Charles Christmas card.
Photo Contest Theme
The city is looking for an iconic St. Charles winter or holiday scene.
Do you have a photo of St. Charles after a fresh snowfall? Did you take a classic photo of St. Charles dressed up for the holidays?
Submit your photo and it could be chosen to grace the cover of the City’s Christmas card this year. Full credit will be given to the photographer on the Christmas card and in a press announcement.
185th Anniversary Photography Contest Rules
- The contest is open now through March 29, 2019.
- Entries submitted must be the original work of the entrant and in digital format.
- Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Each entry should include:
- A short description of the photograph, including location and date taken
- Full name and contact information of the photographer
- If photo releases are necessary, please include those with the entry
- Entries will be reviewed by members of the St. Charles Arts Council. The top 5 photos will be displayed on the City of St. Charles website (www.stcharlesil.gov) and on the City’s social media pages.
- One photograph will be chosen for the official 2019 City of St. Charles Christmas card.
- Employees of the City of St. Charles and their families are not eligible.
About the City of St. Charles
The City of St. Charles, Illinois, has gained national recognition as a family-friendly town and wide acclaim for its architecture, living up to its nickname Pride of the Fox. Conveniently located 35 miles west of Chicago, predominantly in Kane County, St. Charles is home to 33,000 residents and a balanced mix of nearly 2,000 businesses that employ more than 18,000 people. More at www.stcharlesil.gov, and follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo and LinkedIn.