UPDATE: Warming Centers Open Throughout Kane County
When the National Weather Center Chicago has a Wind Chill Warning in effect, it’s good to know where folks can go to get warm. Here’s a list of warming centers in Kane County.
(SOURCE: Kane County Health Department. Last updated 2018.)
Link: Warming Centers
- Geneva City Hall, 22 S. First St. — Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Geneva Public Works Facility, 1800 South St. — Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Geneva Fire Department Headquarters, 200 East Side Drive — 24 hours (no sleeping facilities)
- Geneva Police Department Headquarters, 20 Police Plaza — 24 hours (no sleeping facilities)
- Geneva Public Library, 127 James St. — Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday , 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday
- St. Charles Public Library, 1 South 6th Avenue
- Charlestowne Mall, 3800 East Main Street
- Municipal Building, 2 E. Main St. (during weekly office hours)
- St. Charles Park District Pottawatomie Community Center, 8 North Avenue
- Lazarus House, 214 Walnut St., offers shelter overnight, based on availability
The city of Aurora wants to make sure our residents are cool during hot temperatures and warm during cold temperatures the following eight locations are available as cooling and warming centers.
- Santori Public Library, 101 S. River Street — Hours: Mon.-Thurs.(9a-9p), Fri.-Sat.(9a-5p), Sun.(1p-5p)
- Aurora Public Library – Eola, 555 S. Eola Road — Hours: Mon.-Thurs.(9a-9p), Fri.-Sat.(9a-5p), Sun.(1p-5p)
- Aurora Public Library – West, 233 S. Constitution Drive — Hours: Mon.-Thurs. (9a-9p), Sat. (9a-5p), Sun. (1p-5p)
- Eola Community Center, 555 S. Eola Road — Hours: Mon.-Fri. (8a-9p), Sat. & Sun. (8a-5p)
- Hesed House, 659 S. River St. — Hours: Seven Days Per Week (7a-7p)
- Prisco Community Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave. — Hours: Mon.-Thurs. (8a-8:30p), Fri. (8a-5:30p), Sat. (8a-4p)
- Salvation Army, 437 E. Galena Blvd — Hours: Mon.-Fri. (10a-4p)
- Vaughan Athletic Center, 2121 W. Indian Trail Road — Hours: Mon-Fri (8a-8p), Sat. & Sun. (8a-4p)
CALL 630-256-4636 FOR ALL WEATHER-RELATED INQUIRIES.
The Montgomery Village Hall, 200 N. River S. — 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Montgomery Police Department, 10 Civic Center Ave. — 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For additional information, please call the Montgomery Village Hall at 630-896-8080, Ext. 9023.
SOURCE: city of Aurora news release, village of Montgomery news release, Kane County Health Department, city of St. Charles, city of Geneva websites