POW! Oh, Baby! How Could Anyone Resist This Sweet Chocolate Lab?
“Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a person is to have a puppy lick your face.”
– Joan Bauer, author, screenwriter for young readers
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
We call her Baby because she’s only a 7-month-old puppy, a puppy Chocolate lab, to be precise.
This sweet little girl was found as a stray, wandering the streets and neighborhoods of Sugar Grove. “How could that have happened?” one might muse.
Well, perhaps whoever originally owned her didn’t realize that being a Labrador retriever puppy means she has enough energy to power a small city and she will need a lot of puppy training as well as dog socialization.
Everyone knows that in the puppy world, boundaries don’t exist, everyone you meet is absolutely the best person ever which is why jumping on them is so fun and toys are for throwing around and ripping apart!
Left unattended means rearranging a room to look like a tornado has hit it and electrical wires are new chew toys.
Perhaps they didn’t realize the amount of work little Baby would take to make her into the best dog in the county.
And that’s why Baby will need an experienced pet owner who is willing to take the time to give her the proper training she’ll need.
She’ll handle the hugs and kisses on her own.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Say Hello to Dolly, The Cutest Puppy Ever
- POW! Make Arnie’s Incredible Journey Just Like Chance in ‘Homeward Bound’
- POW! Winston Is The Purr-Fect Lap Warmer For The Holidays
- POW! You’ll Do The Lindy Hop When You Meet This Lovable Terrier
- POW! The Force Is Strong With Sweet-Natured Vader
- POW! Hi, I’m Rocko! When Can We Go To The Dog Park?
- POW! Tiny Tiggy Has a Heart as Big as The World!
- POW! Is It a Speed Skater? The Flash? No, It’s Max, The Wonder Dog!
- POW! Bring Fluffy Freddie Into Your Home This New Year’s
- POW! With Calico And Cole Porter, ‘I Love Paris’ All Year Long
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.